Customer Operations Associate(Temporary) - Walmart.com
At Walmart.com, your reach and impact go well beyond the walls of our stores. With over 1,000,000 products available online, we harness the versatility and convenience of the Internet to save people money so they can live better. From detergent to movies on demand, you'll join a company passionate about combining the best of technology and world-class retailing. Join us.
The Customer Operations Associate supports the Customer Operations Managers to ensure timely, efficient communications and action plans for mass customer impacting issues. Additionally, the Customer Operations Associate will compile weekly reporting on customer satisfaction and root cause for customer service contacts, and will also perform other tasks focused on improving the customer experience. This is a temporary position with a targeted end date of May 2012 but there is potential to extend the contract.
1. Customer Mail Merges (45%)
2. Other (65%)
- Research and resolve mass customer impacting issues.
- Work with cross functional groups including Fulfillment, Customer Advocacy, Merchandising, Engineering, PR, Legal and Creative to understand and resolve issues.
- Prepare mail merge files – requires extreme focus and attention to detail.
- Ensure mail merge was sent correctly, and monitor customer replies.
- Deliver written executive recap including the magnitude of issue (e.g. customer, order, and financial exposure) and steps to prevent the issue in the future.
- Follow up on internal escalations to understand issues, investigate possible systemic problems, and provide guidance to call centers.
- Extract daily root cause and trend line reports.
- Prepare daily and weekly customer satisfaction reports.
- Proactively look for issues such as untrackable packages from the Transportation team, and send mail merges to those customers.
- Resolve adhoc customer issues.
- Assist the Customer Advocacy team with researching incorrect and damaged items as time permits.
- Assist the Order Management team with validating test orders for new distribution partners as time permits.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience of relevant customer service, PR, supply chain, logistics, operations or other related field preferred
- Experience and knowledge of ecommerce, including customer service, operations preferred
- Experience working in a customer service or customer focused environment required
- Experience in working as strong contributor in a team-based environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with preference for customer service, supply chain, logistics, operations or other relevant specialization
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...