Coordinates internal resources and develops solutions for prospective customers by working with sales executives, business development, sales support and other departments in developing strategies that help Fiserv meet and exceed market share goals. The primary focus will be on larger financial institution opportunities, but may assist in any opportunity as required.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Work with Fiserv sales executives, client partners and account managers to identify, qualify and secure new business.
- Work with the sales team to develop a comprehensive understanding of the needs, issues and requirements of each organization, along with identifying and assessing competitors to customize a win/win strategy method for prospective clients.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and basic understanding of Premier and Fiserv’s product offerings as well as new product developments, hardware/software requirements, conversion practices and pricing methodology
- Work with business development and sales administration to develop proposals that effectively present the advantages, strengths and benefits of Premier’s solution and portray a strong image of Fiserv. This includes insuring quality responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI), Questionnaires, Requests for Pricing in addition to sales and marketing materials.
- Build business cases that accurately reflect, support, and/or aid in the development of sales strategies and pricing scenarios.
- Receive, review and maintain a library of concise and effective response/position statements for company, products and topics reflecting the benefits, highlights key functions/features and competitive advantages of Fiserv solutions.
- Track and utilize win/loss information to develop competitive response strategies and determine and how Fiserv should respond to new business opportunities.
- Identify market trends with pricing, business strategies and proposals and work with appropriate departments and individuals to implement effective strategies in response to these trends.
- Strong working knowledge of network, server and mainframe requirements (both systemi and Burroughs) to assist in building appropriate configurations that will support Fiserv’s solutions.
- Contribute and participate in competitive intelligence gathering for Fiserv database.
- Participate in on-site and virtual discovery sessions with prospects and consultants.
- Coordinate and identify available solution presenters, prepare and distribute hand-out materials, work with business development, sales support and the sales executive to create presentation materials.
- Successfully articulate and present Fiserv’s technology, architecture, conversion and support message to prospect and consultants during demonstrations and meetings.
- Assist sales executive in presenting detailed proposal to prospects and consultants.
- Provide general product expertise throughout the sales cycle and conversion.
- Actively maintain positive working relationship with consultants to enforce Fiserv’s position.
- Assist with contract preparation and presentation to prospects and consultants.
- Assist in facilitating a smooth transition for the customer through the sales cycle, contract negotiation, conversion and project management to ultimately an enthusiastic client and reference.
- May be assigned other duties and responsibilities at the discretion and direction of management.
NOTE: To be considered for a posted internal vacancy, a current Fiserv associate must have completed a minimum of twelve months of active service in his or her present position.
- To succeed in this position, the associate must be able to perform each responsibility listed above satisfactorily. These requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance or related discipline is preferred.
- Job Related Experience: A minimum of five years experience in the finance industry, preferably banking background. Proven leader who has shown an extraordinary level of initiative and ability and has consistently exceeded requirements throughout professional career. Must be able to make decisions and resolve problems using experience and professional judgment.
- Functional Area Skills/Knowledge: The ideal candidate must have
- An overall understanding of Premier software and operations of Premier software.
- A working knowledge of computer technology with an understanding or IBM’s Power Systems and network computers in addition to Microsoft Office applications.
- A working knowledge of business and operations in the financial industry.
- Excellent human relations skills, including written and verbal communications and group presentation skills.
- Skill in sales and negotiating techniques.
- Ability to organize activities and handle multiple projects simultaneously with effective and timely follow-up on each.
- A positive attitude while operating under pressure and independent problem-solving.
- Ability to travel extensively; must maintain an excellent driving record; must be willing to fly.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace
Fiserv - 21 months ago
It's 10:30, America. Do you know where your money is? Fiserv does. The company provides financial services technology to banks,...