This person will be responsible for independent day-to-day management of complex interactive marketing programs and Web development projects. The individual will work with the Account team and Discipline Leads (Creative, Information Architecture, Content Strategy, Digital Strategy, Digital Technology, etc) to define project approach, scope, cost and time parameters. The Senior Project Manager will have client contact, and will be responsible for ensuring that project deliverables meet time specifications and quality goals.
o Estimates, scope-of-work documents, requirements, risk assessments, specifications, schedules, and budgets.
- Independent management of complex Web development projects
- Create and manage project-related documents
- Financial management and communication of project budget status
- Define project approach and resourcing needs with Discipline Leads
- Facilitate effective workflow between project team members
- Communication of project status to team and clients
- On-time, on-budget delivery of digital projects of the highest quality
- Ensures that all deliverables are completed on schedule and within specification and budget for a given project
- Manages all tasks for a cross-functional team on a given project
- Authors and maintains project schedules, staff plans, work breakdown structure, change control procedures and cost estimates with input from team members, as needed
- Leads risk identification and risk mitigation strategy planning
- Interfaces with the Account and Discipline Leads to resolve project-related issues; escalates larger project issues and risks as needed for resolution
- Reports project status on a regular basis to management, project team and client
- Adjusts schedule as necessary and helps to determine corrective actions for slippage
- Conducts weekly financial tracking and reporting of project budgets, with regular internal budget status communication.
- Manages scope creep by working with Account to identify unscoped requirements and estimate related costs.
- Ensures deliverables are complete and to the highest quality
- Management and oversight of outside partners and vendors
- Ongoing management of team workflow and information repository systems (e.g., Basecamp)
- Solid knowledge of Web development processes, including waterfall and agile methodologies
- Solid knowledge of interactive processes including tasks and deliverables associated with strategy, creative, information architecture, content strategy, business analysis, technology, QA, and analytics.
- Solid knowledge of Web, social media, mobile, email and banner technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and proactive problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented and take-ownership attitude
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; must be highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and manage communications to all organizational levels
- Ability to value the details as well as understand, take ownership of, and drive toward the big picture
- Proficient in Excel, Word and MS Project
- Must have working knowledge of PowerPoint
- PMP certification a plus
- Agency experience a plus
Monster - 3 years ago