Essential Purpose of Position:|
As a RoomPlace Assistant General Manager (AGM), you are responsible for assisting the General Manager in directing the sales team, administering and managing all aspects of a store environment. The AGM is a sales oriented manager who supports the General Manager’s vision, and assists in recruiting & training Sales Associates to achieve optimal performance results. A primary function of an AGM is driving KPI results. To successfully improve KPI results an AGM must have the ability to train Sales Associates, conduct sales meetings, create sales goals, identify poor performance (for further training) and praise great performance. The AGM is the Leader of the organization in the absence of the General Manager, thus leading by example at all times is required. The AGM is a selling manager, and is also responsible for achieving KPI results.
Job Related Responsibilities:
1. You will assist the General Manager in directing, training and motivating staff members to achieve KPI results. Personally observe and inspect all aspects of the store operation to ensure that staff is meeting high standards, and following company policy and procedure. You will also be responsible for maintaining compliance with the company’s established sales floor rules.
2. You will audit sales deposits, refunds, sales reservations, etc. to ensure accuracy prior to submittal.
3. You will meet with and take calls from customers wishing to contact management with inquiries, problems, etc., in a professional and responsive manner.
4. You will direct sales order scheduling to ensure all orders are being setup for earliest available delivery dates.
5. You will ensure backlogs, open-to-buy lists and all other tools are utilized daily to capture and schedule incremental business.
6. You will ensure the T.O. (turn over) process is executed to a high level to exceed store team goals in sales and to improve conversion in the store.
7. You will direct the Sales Associate team toward selling behaviors which will positively influence company KPI results, such as following the 12 step program, providing exceptional customer service, mentioning bedding, demonstrating PCT, learning product knowledge from our features & benefits signage, adding-on and building larger Average Tickets, etc..
8. You must have the ability to influence the Sales Team to perform in all aspects of their position, not only in sales. Collection of email addresses, AOR Maintenance, following the UP System, Teamwork & Cooperation are all expected to be performed at a high level.
9. You will ensure that the store has adequate sales and management coverage to meet business needs and cover vacations/absences. Assume full management responsibility for the store during the General Manager’s absence.
10. You will ensure the Store Business Office is following company policy and procedure during balancing and making drops. Approve cashiering functions when appropriate (i.e. drops, Illinois Armor, Closing).
11. You will open and close the store as needed, ensuring the customer receives friendly service and the store is prepared (at a high standard) to do business prior to the first customer’s arrival, and/or recover the store prior to departure when you are scheduled to close.
12. You will perform additional duties as requested or required by your General Manager. Job Requirements
1. Must have either a Degree in Retail Administration or equivalent field or a minimum of 2-4 years of retail furniture experience and be able to apply retail management procedures and techniques.
2. Must have outstanding leadership skills in order to attain a successful and cohesive staff.
3. Must have great communication skills and the ability to inspire a Sales Team to reach and exceed established goals.
4. Must have the ability to analyze sales reports and set daily, weekly and monthly goal for the Sales Team.
5. Must have excellent sales skills and be able to train staff in the art of selling furniture.
6. Must be computer literate.
7. Multitask, exercise self-discipline and work well under pressure.
8. Bilingual spoken fluency in languages of local store market highly preferred Additional Details
How To Apply
How to Apply:
It’s time for a great opportunity with unlimited growth potential! If you would like to work for a fun organization with a good work life balance, then what are you waiting for? Apply today.
If you are an internal applicant you must apply within 7 days from the date of this posting using your iRecruitment Employee Access. Principals only, no agency applications accepted through this site.
The RoomPlace is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Salary Maximum Salary Currency
TheRoomPlace.com - 19 months ago