Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is a world renowned organization dedicated to the progressive control and cure of cancer through programs of patient care, research, and education.
We are seeking a Senior UNIX Admin to join us at the Data Center located in Lyndhurst, NJ. The SeniorUNIX Administrator will participate in the development and support of Open Systems architecture and strategy across a large multi-vendor platform environment (HP, IBM, Oracle, EMC, et cetera). Responsible for installing and managing Linux (RedHat Enterprise) and UNIX (HP-UX) systems. Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously while performing other job responsibilities.
· A minimum of 5 to 8 years prior work experience.
· Strong RedHat Linux and HP-UX administration skills.
· Hands-on experience with current server hardware technologies.
· Experience with current Web technologies (such as Apache, MySQL, Tomcat etc)
· Good project management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Strong customer service orientation.
The following skill sets are highly desirable and preferred:
· Programming experience (PHP, Python, Ruby etc)
· Knowledge of security policies and experience implementing security controls
· Experience with VMware virtualization technologies
· Working knowledge of SSL and PKI
Hours: 9:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday. Must be able to get to the Data Center, located in Lyndhurst, NJ and be on call when not on scheduled absence. Frequent off-hours work due to the 24x7 nature of the Data Center service-level requirements. Periodic attendance of meetings at MSKCC New York City locations is required.
MSKCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits, including tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.mskcc.org/jobs and apply on-line.
Memorial Sloan Kettering - 11 months ago
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center has devoted over a century to exceptional patient care, innovative research, and outstanding...