The Ammonia Refrigeration Technician operates and maintaining ammonia refrigeration equipment as well as all plant utilities.
- Operates and maintains ammonia refrigeration
equipment. Takes regular readings and makes systems adjustments as needed to
maintain the ammonia refrigeration system within safe operating parameters.
- Operates and maintains all plant utilities.
- Operates and maintains productions floor
freezers. Adjusts freezers to as needed to meet the temperature requirements of
- Document, through daily logs, all activities
pertaining to operations, repairs, awareness of potential problems,
communicating with incoming shift and production managers.
- Must maintain certification in HAZMAT and PSM
- Follows all Company rules, including, but not
limited to GMP's, Safety, PPE, Lock Out-Tag Out, PSM, and all rules prescribed
by the USDA and FDA.
- Perform other related duties and special
assignments as required or assigned by supervisor.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Formal ammonia refrigeration training by an accredited school. HVAC certification will be considered for entry-level apprentice positions.
- Requires 3-5 years in ammonia refrigeration experience in an industrial (high volume) food processing facility, particularly in frozen foods. Must have electrical troubleshooting and
schematic reading experience.
- Requires candidate to have mechanical trade skills and also to have required hand tools to perform mechanical maintenance tasks.
- Ability to plumb copper, plastic, tubing and threaded pipe as required to repair or install new piping systems related to refrigeration or to plant utilities.
- Ability to write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Must have excellent reading skills. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Must have excellent math skills, including knowledge of practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, measurement, practical algebra, geometric construction.
Understanding of probability and statistical analysis is a plus.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) must have ability and skill sets to use in house computer based system (i.e. Ross).
- Ability to interact with team members, customers and vendors in a positive and professional manner.
- Should have basic welding skills in arc, Tig and Mig.
Documents and procedures.
- Industrial (high-volume) food-processing
experience, particularly frozen foods. Knowledge of batch cooking operations,
ovens, freezers, cooler, fryers and high-speed packaging equipment.
- Experience in lean manufacturing (JIT) environment.
Physical Demand and work environment.
- Safety Rules, GMPs, Maintenance Logs, PMs,
Maintenance Work Orders.
- SOPs of Equipment. Downtime Logs.
- Personal Protective Equipment - PPE
- Must be able to travel throughout Production
areas, climb ladders and stoop, kneel and crawl in small spaces. Office and
factory environment. Often works in frozen or hot environment.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift occasional
heavy loads (75 lbs.).
- Must be able to work flexible hours based upon
needs of operation.
- Must be able to occasionally work from heights
and on the roof.
- Must be able to occasionally work in confined
Michael Angelo's, Inc. - 17 months ago
MICHAEL ANGELO ROSARIO SOLUTIONS, INC. (M.A.R.S - MAR-S360) is the B2B consulting firm the world's business leaders come to when they want...