The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We help increase the preparedness of our communities by offering courses in First Aid, CPR/AED, Babysitter's Training, Lifeguard Training, Certified Nurse Aid Training and other certification courses. American Red Cross Health and Safety instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to 12 million people each year in businesses, schools and communities.
We are currently seeking a Health & Safety Instructor to work out of our Grand Junction, CO office. This is a part-time, on call position working variable hours.
The Health and Safety Instructor's primary responsibility is to instruct American Red Cross classes to community groups at the American Red Cross building and/or at community or corporate sites. This position is responsible for providing high quality, superior instruction, providing necessary reports and managing/cleaning equipment in their possession or under their delegated responsibility.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner,
• Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment.
• Basic computer skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs.
• Flexible schedule available, valid driver license, and ability to travel regionally 10-30% & access to transportation to instruction sites.
• Current certification to be an instructor in discipline is desired. Additional training and certification will be provided to qualified candidate after hire through American Red Cross Health & Safety Service courses.
Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you've been waiting for, please visit our website at www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=30426
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that employees growth and development, team spirit & competitive salaries
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
The American Red Cross is where people mobilize to help their neighbors—down the street, across the country, and around the...