The Radiation Therapist coordinates, plans, and administers high quality and comprehensive age/disease appropriate radiotherapy to oncology patients of all age groups by utilizing equipment, computers, and established techniques to ensure positive patient experience. Demonstrating radiation safety standards with patient and staff members is essential while following the code of ethics and practice standards set by the ASRT and ARRT.
- Depending on the location the Radiation Therapist must be able to work proficiently with all types of Varian, Siemens, and TomoTherapy machines utilizing the latest treatment techniques including 3D Conformal, IMRT, IGRT, SRS/SBRT, and brachytherapy procedures.
- Ability to work independently and manage scheduling of all areas to include simulation and treatment..
- High confidence level.
- Extensive CT/Simulation experience in all areas of radiation therapy to include, brachytherapy and immobilization fabrication.
- Experience with clinical set ups and contours.
- Excellent patient care skills—must be able to access patient’s needs and use good judgment for requesting medical attention.
- Coordinate all aspects of treatment with different departments to include Physician/Physics/Dosimetry.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to assess different situations and implement suggestions or changes as needed.
- Ability to understand dosimetry plans and calculations.
- Excellent computer skills related to basic office, record and verify, and EMR.
- Graduate of an approved school of radiation therapy.
- ARRT Registered Technologist (T)
- State Licensed (where required)
- CPR Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Description Clause
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Radiation Therapy Services (RTSI) operates almost 120 radiation treatment centers in several countries, including seven that involve...