As an intern on the communications team, you will report directly to the Digital Director at the American Action Forum. The Digital Director manages the social media and digital presence for the Forum with the goal of engaging the general public, legislative decision makers, and industry leaders in informed policy discussions. The timely nature of the Forums research plays a key role in the online engagement strategies used by the communications team, often providing opportunities for innovative problem solving.
A few examples of projects completed by previous interns in the Graphic Design internship include:
- Management of the Forum Twitter account
- Design and creation of graphics, infographics, and site pages for issue experts
- Travel to the Hispanic Leadership Network conference in Albuquerque, NM to assist with digital operations
As part of the internship, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Event attendance: Interns will attend Capitol Hill hearings, private speaker events, and events held by other DC think tanks to analyze and report on the information presented
- Forum event support: Interns will help promote, run, and evaluate all Forum events
- Semester project: Interns will create a project about a topic of their choice to be completed by the end of the semester.
Hours and Compensation
- Interns must be available for 20 to 32 hours per week
- Interns will be provided an hourly wage to cover transportation and living expenses
- Interns will be responsible for bringing their own computer/equipment
- Familiarity with Iframing
- HTML (desired)
- CSS (desired)
Please include in your application a preferred start date, resume, cover letter, and portfolio link or attachment.
American Action Forum - 22 months ago