Operate laundry facility by keeping up with washing and drying demands. Maintain storage and laundry facility area at all times while caring enough to do it well by adhering to the Sanctuary Commitments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Turn on machines and load washers.
• Clean and dust washers and dryers.
• Clean dryer lint filters every two hours.
• Report any malfunction in equipment immediately to Housekeeping Director or Assistant Housekeeping Manager.
• Sort dirty linen according to fabric type, color and item.
• Remove all foreign objects from laundry to be processed.
• Load washer to the specific pound amount, do not overload.
• White towels take soap and bleach.
• Colored terry towels get soap only.
• Answer telephone calls using clear and positive language to respond to inquiries from guests regarding laundry service.
• Clean the employee bathroom in site services.
• Keep all storage areas neat, clean and locked at all times.
• Fold all terry towels.
• Reject stained and ripped linen, also items needing soaking and/or mending.
• Placed finished work on shelves for storage and delivery.
• Vacuum and dust housekeeping office during the day.
• Mop the floor in the laundry room and wipe off all tables before end of shift.
• Perform additional duties as requested by the Housekeeping Director.
Skills / Requirements
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
• Due to constant public contact, grooming is a factor of the utmost importance and must adhere to appearance code guidelines as set fourth in the Employee Handbook.
• Must have a pleasant disposition and the ability to function smoothly under pressure.
• Ability to push, pull or lift heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs., as the position requires continuous retrieval and transportation of laundry to and from washers and dryers.
• Ability to push and/or pull heavy wheeled racks and carts weighing up to 100
• Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly in English with guests.
• Uniform provided by resort.
• Name tag must be worn at all times.
• Must adhere to appearance code guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
• Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only.
• One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
• No drinks or food should be consumed around the computer area.