Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S. and No. 1, 2 or 3 in the world.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Truck Driver with our Manufacturing facilities located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Wichita, Kansas.
We offer an excellent wage and benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick, and holidays, company matching 401K and retirement plan, medical, dental and prescription drug plan. Drivers have every other weekend off.
OxyChem has multiple Truck Driver openings available for this position in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Wichita, Kansas
Essential Job Duties:
- Safely operate the tractor/trailer from base location to customer location
- Ability to off load trailers and operate all equipment connected with the unloading process
- Must be able to complete Pre/Post trip inspections and submit proper documentation
- Reads and Understands all shipping paperwork and accurately complete required documentation including logs
- Report all accidents or environmental releases involving driver or company equipment
- Ability to wear and utilize all PPE required by the company or customer locations
- Strict adherence to all Oxy safety policies and procedures
- Strict adherence to all DOT, OSHA, and EPA regulations and standards
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes
- Must be available to make trips both as a team & single person operation
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Must have at least 2 years of verifiable commercial driving experience
- Must possess a current CDL and have the ability to obtain a hazardous materials endorsement
- Must be able to meet criteria for safety sensitive functions according to DOT 49 CFR Part 40
- Must not have tested positive or refused a test for a controlled substance while in a DOT regulated industry.
- No violations of ANY DOT Drug/Alcohol regulations EVER.
- No alcohol related suspensions/revocations in the last 5 years
- No more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years
- No DWI/DUI convictions in the last 5 years
- No DWI/DUI conviction in a commercial motor vehicle EVER
- No more than 1 preventable accident in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 suspension/revocation (non-alcohol related) in the last 3 years
- Must pass DOT Physical & Pre-employment Drug Test
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to meet requirements of 49 CFR Part 391: Able to read and write the English language proficiently.
- Ability to perform simple math functions such as addition, subtraction, and calculations involving fractions.
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card
If you are a fit, apply online today or fax your resume to 316-529-7234!
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Occidental Petroleum - 18 months ago
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...