Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Material Handler Lead
Type of Position:
URS is accepting applications for Material Handler Leads the Sierra Army Depot in Herlong, CA. Herlong, CA is approximately 50-miles north of Reno, NV.
URS maintains a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug screening will be completed.
Associates Degree (A.A.) from a two year school or institution or three to five year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess a thorough understanding of warehouse procedures and plans and be able to utilize automated equipment and systems to scan, route, bar code, develop computerized inventory data, access materials, fill item requisitions, stow items, and process receipts. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in MS Word or Exceed.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to obtain a MHE license within 3 days of assignment to the job and maintain proficiency in the standardized or specialized equipment operation such as starting, stopping, accelerating, maneuvering, and backing.
“Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English”
Must be available to work any shift and willing to work weekends and other hours as needed.
The salary for this position is $20.40 per hour.
Leads workers engaged in the daily duties associated with warehouse operations. Operates standard and/or specialized Material Handling Equipment (MHE) in combination with materials handling duties by receiving general instructions from the supervisor and performing duties similar to the group led. Types of MHE operated includes but is not limited to Four Directional, Swing Mast Lift, Side Loaders, stock pickers, and similar equipment.
Equipment is used to move, load, unload, stack and unstack various bin, intermediate, bulk, hazardous stock and equipment. Materials handling duties include receipt, storage, and shipment of various stock in accordance with established procedures or regulatory guidance (Haz Mat).
May work in either an automated or non-automated warehouse or open storage area. Must be familiar with the day to day operation and documents generated by Exceed WMS. May use automated equipment such as computer terminals, bar code wands, and laser scanning equipment to read, store, query, route, and track data.
Leader must be able to obtain a MHE license and maintain proficiency to operate equipment. Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near warehouse or work site by performing the following duties.
1. Receives verbal or written general instructions from supervisor and relays information and priorities and work assignments to other members of the group in order to satisfactorily complete the assignment.
2. Reports back to supervisor with progress of work process and any problems encountered. Performs duties similar to the group led.
3. Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Based upon knowledge of warehouse location system, determines proper location for item being processed (received, stored, inventories) opens containers, performs warehouse function required, closes container, and completes process transaction in automated accountability system.
4. Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, conveyors, and shelves by hand or through use of MHE.
5. Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
6. Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated areas.
7. Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
8. Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
9. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
10. Loads truck for Industrial Truck Operator.
11. Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
12. Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
13. Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...