Redstone Arsenal Family and MWR (FMWR) has many award winning services available such as recreation, sports and fitness, child youth and school services, golf, bowling, club, arts and crafts, a library and much, much more! Redstone Arsenal FMWR strive to be your "First Choice" for all quality of life services. As a member of our FMWR Team, you and your immediate family members are entitled to utilize all FMWR Facilities and Services.
Assigned to the maintenance section as a Tractor Operator at Redstone Golf Course "The Links" located in Huntsville Alabama. The Links offers 36 challenging and scenic golf holes that are maintained throughout the year.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Incumbent operates a field-type tractor with attached and towed equipment. Plans the order in which work is to be accomplished; transports materials and equipment; and digs, loads, plants, clears,mows and dispenses liquid and solid materials.May operate under different conditions, such as mud, snow, and areas where trees and shrubs present operational hazards. Performs minor maintenance on field-type tractors and attached and towed equipment.Makes multiple connections between the tractor and attached or towed equipment. Adjusts the equipment for job requirements such as setting the height of mower blades, depth of plow blades, and the rate of application of sprayer attachments.
1. One year experience operating a field-type tractor.
2. Knowledge of tractor operating characteristics.
3. Ability to manipulate tractor and equipment controls at the same time.
4. Have a valid driver's license.
5. Ability to lift supplies and materials weighing up to 100 pounds.
Conditions of Employment:
- You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
- All required background checks of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained to include a health assessment if required by vacant position.
- Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
- DA Form 3433-1 (Supplemental Application Form) must be completed upon appointment to a NAF position. http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/pureedge/a3433_1.xfdl
- Available to work at 6:00 AM to include weekends and some holidays.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are best qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The questions are designed to capture the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. The score you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
Conversion of employment category from Flex to RPT or RFT may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
- To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
- The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...