Louisiana - New Orleans Metro
Email this job
Our client, a leading innovative Global Manufacturing organization, has an immediate need for a Controls Engineer at its New Orleans Area headquarters. This role designs, builds and implements customized control systems solutions for industrial automation and equipment. An effective candidate will possess a strong background in mechanical and automation technologies with a focus on packaging and conveyance applications.
Responsibilities of this role include :
- Directing customer site installation and control systems commissioning of automation equipment.
- Designing control systems and enhancing electronic controls of customized equipment.
- Promoting increased functionality and value of the proprietary automation and conveyance solutions.
- Formulating, documenting and implementing debugging software for system operation.
- Estimating and budgeting control systems pricing and procuring electrical and controls components.
- Composing “as-built” drawings and performing both onsite and remote troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate will have a BS or MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of strong mechanical design experience. The role will entail National travel (40% or more).
Desired Skills & Experience
High Level Knowledge of:
Salary range for this role is $60-70K plus 10-15% performance bonus.
- PLC Programming
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Allen Bradley and Control Logix
- Conveyor Belt Technology
- Continuous Improvement
- Siemens and Modicon Controls
Jackson Noble - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard