The Automotive Technician is responsible for being able to
professionally inspect, repair and maintain services under MAP
guidelines to promote Goodyear's high customer satisfaction levels. The
Automotive Technician performs work as outlined on the repair order with
efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealerships, factory and
Goodyear standards. The Automotive Technician works with lube and oil
filter, transmission service, alignment, computer systems diagnosis,
tune-up, brake systems, steering and suspension. The Auto Tech must
explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical
individuals which may include other associates and customers, as
required and continuously learn new technical information and techniques
in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly
changing automotive technology. The Auto Tech does work The Goodyear
Way according to Goodyear's policies and procedures. The Auto Tech must
continually adapt to a changing technologies and repair techniques as
vehicles become more sophisticated. Assists in training and with the
shadowing process. Maintains an organized service department.
- Valid driver's license is required
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of experience or more in mechanical/auto repair related work.
- Experience working with vehicles and good mechanical skills.
- Past experience in working with organizations that maintain world class standards in the areas of sales, customer service, safety and housekeeping.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer, associates and management.
- Ability to be a self starter and detail orientated.
- Must be reliable and able to work a flexible schedule depending on business needs
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, climb, pull, push, stand and squat.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 14 months ago
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...