FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Manager, Operations Support in Washington DC OR Durham, NC.
Manages the Operations Infrastructure Services team and coordinates support, project schedules and tasks within the team. The manager is responsible for managing existing technology, operations and also for implementing new technologies, operations and processes at FHI 360. In addition, manages the day-to-day management of IT organization processes, including plan monitoring and evolution, metrics development, and recommending infrastructure improvements.
- Manages the Network, Server, and Database Administrators to ensure a well-coordinated delivery of support and services to internal and external stake holders
- Leads, manages and develops direct reports through goal setting, performance reviews, and mentoring
- Maintain vendor relationships with key service providers that support and provide technology for the computing environments
- Identify and promote technical and operational “best practices”
- Responsible for escalation management within the Tier II/Tier III environment
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of the ISS department strategy
- Delivery against the ISS department strategy operationally at all levels, including USA and country and regional offices
- Support the delivery and achievement of ISS department goals and objectives, including the development, implementation, and evaluation of processes, tools, techniques and services.
- Oversee development of and monitoring work plans and budgets
- Ensure integrity and availability of all technology resources through adherence to change control and configuration management processes and procedures
- Advance the ISS department’s technical leadership
Skills: Thorough understanding of Information Technology industry practices. Solid knowledge and experience with incident management (using the ITIL framework) and operations services tools and systems. Extremely strong interpersonal skills and interaction capabilities with all staff levels of the organization to resolve problem situations with tact and diplomacy. Must have experience supervising a team of technical support staff members.
MS/MA in a related field, with 5 - 7 years relevant experience; or BS/BA and 7 - 9 years relevant experience; or AA and 9 - 11 years relevant experience; or High School/GED and 11 - 13 years relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/en/workingwithus/index.htm through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org . Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 - 2 years ago
FHI 360 is a leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.