Job Title: Senior Desktop Support Engineer
Job ID: 266701
Location: US-New York-New York
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Day to Day Work
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 23,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Day to Day Work
Responsible for on-site installing, maintaining and repairing company and multi-vendor systems which include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems. Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance and configurations which may impact product performance. Takes responsibility for potential or desired follow-up services or problem escalation.
The General Duties:
- General hardware break/fix of laptops, desktops, some server work
- Troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software issues to maintain business continuity
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Printers (HP, Lexmark), phones, peripheral equipment and other devices like Blackberries or handhelds
- New hardware upgrades; installs, moves, adds, changes in a laptop and desktop environment
- Optimizing Hardware/Software/Networking products and configurations as scripted ensuring customer satisfaction.
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 5 or more years of experience in a hands-on desk side support role required
- Must have valid driver’s license with reliable vehicle and appropriate insurance (required)
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office software
- Proficient with PC hardware repair and can troubleshoot/resolve software and operating system issues.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- A+ Certification required
- Lenovo, Dell and HP certifications a plus
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Unisys - 17 months ago
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical...