Responsible for providing personal care services according to written directions prepared by Private Duty Client Care Coordinator. Maintains the Core Values that support the Christian Mission of Lutheran Senior Services, “Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest”.
• Assists in activities of daily living (personal hygiene, eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, exercise and ambulation).
• Provides household duties such as bed making, personal laundry, ironing and light housekeeping.
• Communicates changes in physical or emotional status of client to Private Duty RN or office staff.
• May accompany client to doctor appointments; may do shopping or run errands.
• May remind client to take medications.
• Communicates with private duty office staff regarding schedule of availability.
• Completes all necessary paperwork and submits according to company policy.
• Documents all tasks performed in client’s home on appropriate paperwork.
• Follows all safety procedures and protocol as dictated by LSS policy, federal and state regulations and reports all hazardous conditions, defective equipment and accidents or incidents to their immediate supervisor.
• Supports and upholds all federal, state and local regulatory laws and standards.
Supports and upholds all Lutheran Senior Services Policies and Procedures.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
• Previous experience working with the elderly preferred.
• Must have 6 months experience in a facility or Private Duty.
• Have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to provide own transportation.
• Is physically capable of performing the job-related duties.
• Ability to follow instructions from Private Duty office staff and other professional staff.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical activities and demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk to hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
The working conditions include:
• Travels out in community that allows for exposure to weather conditions and potential for unsafe environments.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and standards.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws and standards.