JAKKS Pacific, Inc., a multi-brand company that, since 1995, has been designing, developing, producing and marketing toys, leisure products and writing instruments for children and adults around the world, currently seeks an experienced Senior Accountant who will be responsible for performing month-end close procedures, account analysis and other project-type duties as necessary.
Skills & Experience required:
- Perform accounting operations of the Pacific Animation Partners joint venture, in which JAKKS holds a 50% interest
- Calculate Pacific Animation Partners business partners’ participation amounts and provide advance notice of capital contribution requirements
- Performing monthly close procedures for joint venture
- Create monthly financial statements and analyses as requested by the joint venture business partners
- Work with Pacific Animation Partners Management to create a detailed budget and to report on budget vs. actual on a semi-monthly basis
- Develop and maintain a list of Pacific Animation Partners trademarks: for (a) the underlying “Monsuno” property (i.e., JAKKS’ costs) and (b) all other organization, prop, and character names for the Series (i.e., Pacific Animation Partners’ costs) - making sure to identify which are secured in which territories
- Complete the quarterly borrowing base package for our lending bank
- A/R reserve analyses
- Reconcile intercompany accounts between corporate and each of our divisions and subsidiaries
- Expense accruals
- Capture, analyze and administer the fixed assets subledger (FAS), including additions, dispositions, depreciation calculations, reclassifications and physical tagging where possible
- Intangible asset amortization
- Perform various account reconciliations to support the balances maintained in the general ledger, including variance research and analysis
- Calculate quarterly third party commissions
- Liaise with our external tax professionals
- Respond to management and other department requests in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Work with other members of the accounting department in a positive and team oriented manner
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned
BS or BA degree in Finance or Accounting 5 years of experience working in Accounting or Finance department · Advanced Excel/Access/Database skills a plus
Ability to prioritize duties and work in a fast paced environment Ability to utilize reports and system information to perform analysis · Excellent written and verbal communication skills
JAKKS Pacific, Inc. offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits plan to include a 401K plan, a casual and fun work environment, and an excellent career growth opportunity.
Please send us your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com . Submissions which do not include salary requirements will not be considered.
Candidates must include salary requirements to be considered.
JAKKS Pacific is ready to rumble. JAKKS, one of the US's top toy companies, makes and sells action figures (including licenses for...