Job Code: 6927
Provides professional massage and bodywork services to promote healing and a sense of well being. Integrates systematic manipulation of, or pressure on, soft tissue of the human body for therapeutic purposes. May include a variety of massage modalities to include Swedish, deep tissue, and myofascial massage.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Massage Therapist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides relaxing, therapeutic massage for inpatients, infants, outpatients, staff, guests, and physicians based on schedule.
- Functions within the limitations of his/her certifications as a Massage Therapist.
- Provides patients with accurate and up-to-date information when teaching infant massage classes.
- Effectively markets the services of the massage therapist to encourage outpatient appointments.
- Provides other niceties for patients as time allows such as hand massages or brief massages for patients that are waiting for treatment/procedures.
- Serves as a resource for other areas as the opportunity arises.
- Ensures payroll deductions are processed through payroll promptly and accurately.
- Coordinate special events or special projects.
- Safely performs laser procedures under the supervision of a physician.
- Works to market laser procedures in order to increase number of laser procedures scheduled and completed.
Reports to assigned Lead, Supervisor, Manager, or other assigned personnel.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
Repeating frequent tasks such as lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, handling, reaching, and twisting. Will involve repetitive motions that are required for massage therapy. May involve hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, back, legs. Requires extensive mobility including walking, standing, stooping, bending, balancing, crouching and sitting. Requires dexterity such as fingering, manipulation, bimanual and unilateral gripping, forearm rotational movement, foot control movements and reaching above head. Requires mental alertness and accuracy for quality decision-making and problem solving. Requires binocular, monocular, near and far vision, including color perception, depth perception and peripheral vision. Must have physical stamina to work extra hours as needed. Repeating frequent tasks and multi-tasking. Hearing requirements are normal conversation, high and low frequency.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Work environment may be busy, noisy and have many interruptions requiring frequent re-evaluation of priorities. Exposure to biological, chemical and environmental elements including infectious waste, vapors, fumes, gases, solvents, solutions, and odors.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Specialized training for massage and laser procedures preferred.
- Certification or Certificate of training completion from Massage Therapy school
infant massage preferred.
- Additional knowledge, training and certification of competence in the area of
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written).
Integris Health - 2 years ago
INTEGRIS is a not-for-profit organization and the state's largest private Oklahoma-owned health system with nearly 9,000 employees working...