The NOC Support Technician is responsible for providing essential network monitoring, problem identification and resolution as well as acting as the company technical interface for all Vubiquity, Linear and VOD services and ancillary service offerings to Vubiquity affiliates and providers. Also to follow written and verbal operating procedures and instructions and directions as related or directed by Vubiquity supervisors or management staff. This is a s |
econd shift role hours are 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM, including weekends.
Major Activities to ensure achievement of key results and deliverables:
- General knowledge of terrestrial and satellite communications systems and network monitoring, verification of network health through the use of test procedures and tools, problem identification isolation and resolution of Vubiquity networks faculties and equipment as well as third party networks and components.
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills, Generate written communications, shift notes and other documentation to ensure effective cohesive communication with other Vubiquity shift personnel and additionally, opening/closing Trouble Tickets & Action Item files, which explain specific and general problems that have been encountered during previous or current shift.
- Operating as a CSR (Customer Service Representative) interface.
- Ability to understand operational situations, configurations and problems related or described in-person and telephonically. And subsequently, have the ability to effectively work through scenarios and offer suggestions and/or relay technical information either in-person or telephonically while maintaining a professional attitude and demeanor.
- VOD, Linear and Internal network monitoring.
- Technical and Media support for all affiliates and Providers.
- Configuration, deployment and operational health of all VOD systems.
- Technical incident documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
Key Results and Deliverables (What does success look like):
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Certification(s) and/or Cisco training a plus.
- Experience with LANIWAN, VPN's, IPSEC, Cisco Routing.
- A charismatic and credible communicator who leads by example.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast pace, high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Have excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal.
- An ethical and proactive leader who can maximize the resources of a start-up environment.
Apply for this job:
Vubiquity, Inc - 20 months ago