BASIC FUNCTION: Position responsible for performing ultrasound examinations and ability to perform in other complex modalities.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served.
*RVT required with 6 months of Breast Ultrasound experience
1. Graduate of an approved School of Radiologic or Sonography Technology.
2. Registered Ultrasound Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT).
3. Minimum of 1 year experience as an Ultrasound Technologist I.
4. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
1. Prepares patients for ultrasound exam, explains procedure and ensures technical quality.
2. Demonstrates ability to perform ultrasound examinations in other complex modalities. (Diagnostic Radiology, surgery, mammography, etc.)
3. Reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to the Supervisor/Manager.
4. Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
5. Participates in P.I. activities established by Imaging Services.
6. Takes emergency call within the department.
7. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as a mentor and resource to less experienced staff/students.
8. Performs other related duties as directed.
Memorial Hermann Healthcare System - 19 months ago
Memorial Hermann is a world-class health system with progressive medical centers located throughout Houston and the surrounding areas. Named...