I. JOB FUNCTION
Responsible for assisting the Senior Buyer in the
co-development and execution of category plans and
product strategies as well as overall day-to-day
management of the department.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The functions listed describe the business purpose of
this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be
documented separately. The employee might not be
required to perform all functions listed. Additional
duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
1. Assists Buyer in developing category plans based upon
strategic plan and helps to ensure execution of the
product strategies in alignment with the strategic plan.
2. Assists Buyer with specific category planning,
buying, analysis, advertisement, inventory management,
promotion and planogramming.
3. May be responsible for specific buying
responsibilities (regionally and/or nationwide).
4. Responsible for category-specific training materials
development and new product communication.
5. Responsible for specific vendor and purchase order
6. Manages store support activities.
7. Responsible for developing display strategy and
communication based on categories and strategies as
directed by the Buyer.
8. Executes new vendor and SKU set-ups at the direction
of the Buyer.
9. Follows up on grand opening related category
activities (e.g., purchase order management,
10. Responsible for tracking competition, SKU
advertisement proof and execution, credit memo follow-up
from vendors, and web data integrity.
III. MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of merchandising experience,
sufficient to perform the essential functions of the
job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant
experience can be substituted for the required education
on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one
academic year of education.
management experience required.
- General merchandising knowledge and inventory
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management
advanced proficiency in office productivity software
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Superior attention to details.
- Ability to use a personal computer and intermediate to
(e.g., MS Office Suite), especially Excel.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the
physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all
essential functions. In addition to other demands, the
demands of the job include:
vendors, prospects, and staff, in group settings and in
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives,
situations requiring high performance and results.
V. POSITIONS SUPERVISED
- Domestic travel required (25%).
VI. EQUIPMENT USED
- Telephone and/or cellular telephone
Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find at a...