Public Affairs Consultant
The public affairs position provides broad communications, public affairs, community relations and issues management support to the DuPont Corporate Remediation Group (CRG) and Formerly Owned Sites (Brownfields) program. Working closely with senior DuPont leaders the Public Affairs Consultant will research, create and execute strategic internal and external communications plans. This position is located at our Chestnut Run facility in Delaware.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop comprehensive internal and external project communications plans.
- Execute plans while considering internal and external dynamics, employee and community issues.
- Support CRG and Formerly Owned Sites (Brownfields) project teams with communications strategies that enhance the execution of program objectives.
- Measure results.
- Provide strategic and tactical support for communications response to unanticipated events in short time frames, applying the principles and skills of employee communications, crisis communications, media relations, public affairs and issues management in order to protect and promote DuPont's reputation.
- Provide site and project-based execution of communications strategies necessary for addressing high profile environmental and community relations issues.
- Serve as an external representative of the company and spokesperson.
- Develop communications vehicles including news releases, talking points, letters, statements, events, and interactions to meet communications needs.
- Assess and interpret internal and external trends, opinions, and concerns in order to address early and proactively, managing issues at lowest possible levels.
- Establish and foster internal and external relationships
Bachelor's degree in public affairs, communications, journalism or related field
7-10 years of previous work experience in public affairs required.
Experience managing communications matters requiring legal and regulatory coordination is desirable.
Demonstrated public affairs leadership experience and networking ability.
Demonstrated ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information and quickly recommend courses of action.
Demonstrated media relations experience.
Demonstrated ability to develop sound conclusions for managing difficult communications situations and strategies with minimal supervision.
Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to present information in an articulate and organized way, appropriate to the audience and under a wide range of communications situations.
Experience working in controversial settings in which communities, government, and NGOs are key stakeholders, is preferred.
Experience supporting environmental remediation projects/programs is highly desired.
Highly professional demeanor and good diplomacy skills. Ability to work independently and create effective partnerships at all levels of the company and with external stakeholders.
Experience with social media and other evolving communications tools as part of a successful communications program is preferred.
Travel is about 25%
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPont is an E-Verify employer.
North America-USA-Delaware-WILMINGTON-CHESTNUT RUN PLAZA [DUPONT](1890)
PUBLIC AFF - G000008
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
DuPont - 17 months ago
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...