The News Division
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO)
Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies
Vault.com: Listed among Top 50 Consulting Firms
Modern Healthcare: “Best Places to Work”
Finalist, Washington Business Journal's Business Philanthropy Awards
Modern Healthcare: Listed among the Largest Healthcare Management Consultants
The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a leading health care services firm providing best practices insight, leadership development, implementation and technology solutions. The company currently serves over 2,800 of the country's preeminent hospitals and health care systems as well as pharmaceutical and medical device companies and insurers. Our continually expanding business portfolio provides employees with significant opportunities for career development at an accelerated pace, while an employee-focused internal environment places emphasis on service ethic, spirit of generosity, team engagement, and continuous learning.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington DC.
Staff Writer, The News Division
We're seeking a news junkie. A detail-oriented critical thinker. A person who thrives on deadlines.
Someone who's excited to analyze the nation's health care news -- and tell more than 100,000 readers what they need to know that day.
The News Division produces six daily and biweekly news digests on health care politics and policy:
- American Health Line , the original online source of health politics and policy news and analysis;
- Daily Briefing , the Advisory Board's flagship news vehicle and a must-read at thousands of hospitals across the nation;
- California Healthline , a free daily digest of California health care news, policy and opinion;
- Women's Health Policy Report , essential news and opinions for reproductive health experts and advocates;
- Greater Cincinnati Health Watch , a biweekly e-mail newsletter covering health care news from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and the nation, with an emphasis on substance use disorders, mental illness, children's health care and community primary care; and
- iHealthBeat , a free, daily news digest reporting on technology's impact on health care.
The digests produced by the News Division are read regularly by influential policymakers, health industry members, businesses and advocacy groups, and others with an interest in health care policy.
Staff writers work a 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. shift. In the morning, staff members are on a very tight deadline; afternoons are less intense. Writers are members of a small but dynamic team and maintain the daily responsibilities below.
- Conduct searches of national and regional news sources, including newspapers, magazines, journals, blogs and broadcast sources
- Write short summaries of the day's health news
- Proof the day's reports
- Assist with publication of the reports
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated writing and editing experience in a professional environment
- Experience working under deadline
- Interest in health care issues
- Proven to be organized, task-oriented, proactive and deadline-driven
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or Online Media
- Proven ability to synthesize research into coherent and comprehensive summaries
- Background in health care policy
- Experience with Web publishing and social networking platforms
- Demonstrated record of success in academic or professional settings
Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.
An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Apply for this job online
The Advisory Board Company - 12 months ago
The Advisory Board Company and its subsidiaries provides best practices research, analysis, executive education and leadership development,...