This position will join our IT Operations support team in supporting the Oracle database systems and related Oracle based applications for our client. The primary responsibilities of this position are to ensure the availability, reliability, and maintenance of critical business applications and their underlying servers and databases. They currently have several key initiatives that require Oracle DBA support for EBS as well as a pending upgrade to R12.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Oracle and Application Servers and associated jobs and processes.
- Monitor performance of Oracle Servers using various performance tools.
- Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Establish and maintain Configuration and Recovery documentation for designated systems.
- Assist with Database migrations, Oracle upgrades, and Hardware implementations.
- Deploy Oracle Stored procedure changes or scripts as needed to various environments.
- Manage Oracle and application access and permissions for various environments.
- Assist Development teams with Oracle and application server problem resolution.
- Research and resolve Oracle and application server issues as required.
- Proved 24*7 on call support.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- College degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
- Minimum 5 years Oracle Database and Unix/Linux OS experience.
- Technical certifications desirable.
- Expert level understanding of Oracle Server administration and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of Data Access configuration.
- Solid understanding of Oracle Server index management. .
- Solid understanding of Network communications.
- Solid familiarity with UNIX, Linux, and Windows OS.
- Solid familiarity with Remote Server management.
- Demonstrated familiarity with RMAN, Dataguard and Oracle HA Solution s.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Demonstrated familiarity with Network Trace utilities.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Database Backup methodologies.
- Familiarity with SAN technologies .
- Experience working with hosted solution providers a plus.
- Solid written & verbal communications; fluency in English language.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, documentation, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Strong logical and analytical thinker.
Bridge Consulting Group - 22 months ago