Under the direction of the market CNO or designate, the Clinical Informaticist is responsible for providing leadership, clinical expertise, & support to the planning, coordination, & implementation of the clinical system projects.
Works collaboratively with clinicians, physicians,
Regional CMIO & CNIO, & IT to ensure that the needs of the patient care areas are met & project timelines, milestones, & deliverables are on target with the overall clinical IT project plan.
Provides input regarding the IT system & the impact on existing clinical standards, processes & forms in such a way as to gain support & buy-in from staff to successfully implement the project.
Position requires strong clinical expertise & understanding of information needs of the clinical disciplines to guide system development & implementation efforts & to gain consensus for new clinical processes and workflows.
Upon full implementation of the clinical IT projects the focus of the position will shift to ongoing responsibility for supporting the integration of clinical data and information.
Demonstrates clinical, organizational, & communication skills in dealing with patients, families, physicians, & other health care workers.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Five year work experience in a clinical care setting.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications including Meditech/Allscripts desired.
- Clinical Informatics certification or equivalent desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical documentation, informatics, clinical terminology and clinical models desired
- Active RN license in the state.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
ND-Devils Lake-Mercy Hospital
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 23 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...