Company 3 is a group of post production facilities for features, commercials, television, music videos and games. Known for our creative color artistry, pioneering technology and global reach, Company 3 is trusted to deliver a quality product every time. Recent commercial projects include campaigns for Audi, BMW, Heineken, Lexus, Nike and others. Recent feature film credits include The Hangover Part III, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, The Lone Ranger, Les Miserables, and Skyfall. Company 3 is part of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group. Company 3 is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., (www.bydeluxe.com) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.
We currently have an opening for a Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Santa Monica, CA.
Working as part of our facility’s engineering group, the systems engineer will help deploy leading-edge computing infrastructure, perform systems management and maintenance duties, as well as provide support to artists and production personnel.
This is a unique opportunity for a technical professional with a strong desire to continually learn new skills and further cutting-edge technology projects hands-on. You'll be working with best-of-breed HPC technology and the most renowned creative crews in the industry, in a fast-paced performance-driven environment.
Work experience and formal education:
• 2+ years experience deploying, managing and supporting a high-performance computing environment: specialized workstations and servers, large storage systems, complex network infrastructures, and services -- preferably in a large post-production or vfx environment.
• BS in a related technology discipline.
Hands-on, technical proficiency required:
• Red Hat, SuSE, Mac OSX operating systems.
• SAN and high performance storage systems.
• IP and FC networking (IB a plus.)
• Centralized authentication services (LDAP/AD.)
• Network-based user auditing and systems management services.
Preferred candidate qualifications:
• Recent experience managing large CXFS clusters.
• Experience managing Brocade switches and DDN S2A, SFA, and WOS platforms.
• Experience managing and supporting ASG Atempo products (TINA/ADA) as well as Spectralogic tape libraries.
• Experience supporting operators using Autodesk Flame/Smoke, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve.
• Understanding of post-production workflows, notably digital intermediate processes, digital dailies production, and automated encoding processes.
• Experience documenting physical infrastructures using Autocad.
• Strong, proven problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize assignments.
• Capable of maintaining utmost confidentiality.
• Rigorous organization and follow-through approach.
• Flexible to work overtime, and weekends as needed.
• Solid written communication and interpersonal skills.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.