We are looking for a skilled technical Business Analysis Senior Specialist to join our team in Nashville! The Business Analysis Senior Specialist formulatesand defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Performs project scoping, planning, complex business and data analysis, requirement gathering and documentation, specifications, use cases, and workflow diagrams.
- Will serve as a liaison among business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- May lead teams or taskforces, or may serve as project manager.
- Validates data to ensure accuracy, quality, and integrity.
- Makes recommendations based upon data analysis.
- Contributes to group knowledge and best practices.
- Will develop complex queries using MS Access, SQL, or other tools.
- Responsible for generating models, analyzing trends and providing ad hoc complex data queries to extract the data from underlying systems.
- Formulates project plans & schedules and communicates project status, plans and schedules to business partners;
- Maintains strong relationships throughout the business unit & information technology teams.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or related discipline with an IT focus preferred or equivalent years of progressive experience.
- Five years of Programmer Analyst or Business Analyst Experience or equivalent education/work experience.
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Works productively in a time sensitive environment that requires constant development of data understanding and data analysis.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis techniques to interpret results; strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work constructively in a team environment
- Proven ability to perform complex tasks, lead requirements efforts and perform related work with moderate technical skills.
- Preferred technical qualifications:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
CIGNA - 17 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...