Apple seeks an individual with the skills to own and manage quality at Apple. In this position, you will have overall responsibility for developing and implementing the quality systems for the iPod product. This position works closely with engineering, product development, operations, customer service, and contract manufacturers. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
Specific responsibilities include:
This position can require up to 30%+ international travel, with some trips lasting up to fours weeks in duration.
- Developing overall product quality plan
- Ensuring quality improvements are implemented into product design
- Working with commodity managers and supplier quality engineers to ensure component quality & reliability
- Field data analysis and interpretation
- Identification and prioritization of issues and improvement activities
- Working closely with reliability to improve field performance.
***Please note this position is product quality assurance, not SWQA.
- 5 years minimum technical experience supporting high volume consumer electronics
- Good understanding of electronic assembly processes
- BSEE, BSME, or BSIE (advanced degree preferred)
- Working knowledge of statistics; Knowledgeable in data analysis and interpretation
- Good communications skills
- Experience in product quality management and systems; and /or operations
- Six sigma training and application
- Application of FMEA
- Project and/or product management experience
- Specific knowledge in computer engineering and key technologies used in mobile handheld products
- Experience or knowledge in test engineering, reliability engineering and supplier quality engineering
Apple - 2 years ago
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with...