Implements and oversees the administration of all methods and procedures to ensure conformity to blue print, customer specific and/or MPT Sterling Heights internal specifications of all production material. Coordinates, communicates and regulates quality related issues and/or policies such as TS16949 and ISO14001 disciplines, throughout the manufacturing process. To ensure quality products using a system of prevention where the acceptance standard is zero defects.
Responsibilities, Duties and Authority: (These duties cover only the more significant responsibilities, they are not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may be given by the supervisor in addition to, or instead of, those listed here.)
1. Maintains quality assurance objectives and metrics.
2. Maintains customer relationships, including scheduling of customer visits.
3. Insure that company policies and procedures are followed.
4. Responsible for implementation and compliance to TS16949 as the Management Representative.
5. Directs and develops employees engaged in quality assurance activities.
6. Audit and track supplier quality performance.
7. Provides preventive measures for in-process part qualification through random inspection, dock auditing and maintenance or a statistical process control program, as well as, analyzing data to evaluate the current process and changes.
8. Oversees layered audit procedure and process.
9. Prepares and presents technical, program and operation information to the management team.
10. Implements quality assurance training programs for personnel in conjunction with Managers, Supervisors and Leaders.
11. Maintain documentation and records of Quality department functions.
12. Involvement in Advanced Product Quality Planning.
13. Develop, implement and control all procedures directly relating to product quality.
14. Control and maintenance (calibration) of all quality devices (gages, fixtures, tools).
15. Investigate nonconformities and develop, initiate and verify corrective action.
16. Record and track the measurement of quality using the cost of quality with is a reflection of the price of nonconformance.
17. Manage the Quality department budget.
18. Commitment to quality and a safe and healthful work environment for all employees.
19. Attends and participates in the Fast Response and Manager meetings.
Manages employees in the Quality Assurance department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and mentoring employees; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Magna International Inc. (TSX: MG), is an automotive supplier headquartered in Aurora, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada's largest...