Do you want to play a key role in technology projects?
Systems Integration Advisor
As a member of the Dell Global Storage Services Team, the job of the
Systems Integration Advisor
is primarily a server, storage, and networking
Consultant / Engineer
supporting Dell's enterprise clients. You'll be responsible for on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of Dell Compellent, Dell | EMC SANs, DAS, NAS, Dell EqualLogic arrays, Dell PowerVault Storage, Dell PowerEdge, and various custom enterprise solutions.
Do you live in Houston with access to a large airport hub? Then read on! This position is remote based, and when you're not at a client site, you'll work from your home office. Much of the time though, you'll be working onsite at a client location. You'll spend as much as 75% of your time travelling to client sites within this region, and/or nationally as needed. So be sure you’re up for it!
You really need excellent communication skills for this job. You have to understand, then be able to explain or discuss, technical and business issues: with customers, account teams and other internal partners. You'll be expected to be self-directed and operate comfortably in a remote, high availability or mission critical environment. Representing Dell, you'll also be expected to provide onsite service leadership during difficult customer situations. Without even being asked, you’ll show that you're committed to fulfilling the deliverables and providing a superior customer experience.
Here's a basic outline of the work and responsibilities you’ll have:
When you’re not actively engaged on jobs, you’ll provide support for some of the other delivery functions such as:
- Responsibility for the successful deployment of Enterprise hardware and software projects within the customer’s environment.
- Being the Subject Matter Expert across SAN, Networks, and Operating Systems.
- Providing assistance on scoping & implementation planning.
- Proactively identifying potential risks and implement mitigation plans.
If all of this sounds like the kind of job you’ve been dreaming of, you owe it to yourself - APPLY TODAY !!
- Identify, define, and establish technical best practices.
- Proactively provide technical assistance to less experienced engineers.
- Lead and/or act as a team member on strategic organizational projects.
- Statement of Work reviews
- Help establish strong relationships with partners, vendors, and sales.
- Demonstrate ownership and the ability to problem solve and drive issues to resolution.
- Demonstrate superior leadership characteristics covering both technical and non-technical items.
- Proactively coaches, mentors, and develops resources.
- Stay current with technology trends.
Collaboration. Individual drive. A passion for technology. That's what success sounds like at Dell. It's this dedication to finding unique solutions that has given rise to many of our energy-smart, green initiatives. Sound like something you can get behind? Join our team, and you'll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who care about protecting our planet. Plus, you'll get the mentoring, support and training you need to succeed on your own terms.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Heterogeneous SAN/NAS deployments
- SAN Maintenance and Upgrades (heterogeneous, layered apps)
- Switch add/zoning
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Networking
- Install and troubleshoot advanced software (e.g. Visual SAN, SnapView/MirrorView)
- Data migration tools and methodologies
- Backup production readiness (e.g. CommVault, NetBackup, Backup Exec)
- Escalated break/fix troubleshooting
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 6+ years of related industry experience with Bachelor's Degree
- MCP, MCSE, Compellent, EMCPP, RHCE/T, VCP, BCFP, CCNA, and Network+ certifications are a plus
- Expertise in SAN, Windows, Linux, VMware, Brocade, Cisco, iSCSI, and Backup Technologies
- Experience with Data Migration methodologies and tools
- Ability to travel to customer locations
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule and react to business needs 24x7
- Physically able to lift and move Enterprise hardware in our customer environments
- Possess a current, valid driver’s license
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Capable of effectively articulating Dell’s service value proposition to customers
- Provide leadership during "critical situations" and demonstrate poise and professionalism
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Dell Financial Services L.P. - 2 years ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...