This course is designed to enhance specific skills related to the career pathway and to teach skills that are necessary for entry-level employment in the industry. In this course, the worksite is considered the classroom. This position receives cash from customers or employees in payment for goods or services. Receive, store, and distribute products within store.
- Hands on and demonstration, one-on-one guidance, guided practice and independent practice.
- Receive payment by cash, checks, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits
- Greet customers entering establishment
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions and sort, count, and wrap currency and coins
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges
- Quote price and describe features of items for which money is received
- Operate cash register, compile printed list and display cost of customer purchase, tax and rebates on monitor screen
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
- Sort and store perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
- Convey materials and items from receiving/production areas to storage or to other designate areas
- Sort and place items on shelves, racks or bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, and/or product code
- Other duties as assigned
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
integrity, dependability, punctuality, self-discipline initiative, and reliability
- High school senior
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a good attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Develop and maintain a work ethic necessary for success in the workplace that includes honesty,
- Basic knowledge of mathematical/money; addition, subtract, multiply, ect.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed primarily indoors in a grocery store and freezer environment. Some exposure to weather conditions while working outside of the store when performing other tasks on the facility.
Olgoonik - 10 months ago