Under general direction, works closely with Business and Commercial Bankers to analyze, underwrite and decision credit requests for relationships up to $500,000. The position may also analyze and underwrite commercial banking loan requests for relationships in excess of $500,000. Support the ongoing development and growth of the Business Banking credit operation. Support the needs of the Credit Administration Department as directed by the Credit Administration Department manager.
Manage the growth and development of the Business Banking Credit operation
- Promptly review loan requests submitted by Business and Commercial Banking Officers, evaluate trends and potential risks that could impact the customer/prospect’s ability to repay the credit extension and identify mitigating factors and/or additional information needs to offset these trends and risks.
- Interact with Business and Commercial Banking Officers (and, on occasion, the customer/prospect) to identify and quantify repayment sources including cash flow, collateral, and individual recourse.
- Clearly communicate progress and/or needs in a timely and precise manner throughout the underwriting process.
- Proactively develop alternative structures, including SBA enhancements, as appropriate, with a goal of growing the loan portfolio, while maintaining asset quality.
- Independently decision requests within individual loan authority or with concurrence of the Credit Administration Manager in cases where credit exposure exceeds individual loan authority.
- Construct supporting decision analysis, utilize loan grading tools and determine documentation requirements, all chronicled in the Bank’s lending analysis programs.
- Work with Credit Administration, Business Banking and Loan Operations staff to ensure consistent adherence to regulatory obligations and bank policies and procedures.
- This position could have credit approval authority up to $500,000 depending on level and experience.
- Ability to formulate and articulate objective views based on professional credit analysis.
- Knowledge of credit philosophy and policies, loan documentation, bankruptcy and related legal issues.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, as well as analytic and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer aptitude.
- Work effectively in a team environment, while assuming individual responsibility.
- Requires 5+ years experience in commercial credit underwriting, financial analysis and credit approval experience.
- Requires credit approval experience in comparable commercial lending environment requiring exercise of judgment.
Peoples Bancorp Inc. - 23 months ago