Prepares wiring, fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment for electrical signs to ensure proper performance and adherence to electrical code.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs electrical wiring of external and internal signs consistent within specifications and electrical codes
· Tests functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement
· Installs electrical supporting systems such as brackets and tracks
· Troubleshoots and repairs faulty equipment, systems, ballasts, and bulbs
· Reviews plans and diagrams to ensure accuracy of electrical & assembly of signs
· Maintains an understanding of electrical code requirements for electrical aspects of signs
· Implements and maintains quality control and safety during electrical and sign assembly
· Orders and restocks parts and materials needed for electrical jobs
· Assembles final sign parts
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans signs
- Assures all signs are UL Approved
- Affixes electrical stickers onto signs
- Prepares, crates, and transports signs as needed
- Installs signs as needed
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Interacts daily with employees in the field and in the YESCO facilities to discuss electrical job projects
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma with up to six years of demonstrated experience in electricity, electronics, assembly, or related areas; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply technical documents, specs, government coding document information, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply mathematical calculations regarding electrical requirements
- Ability to move electrical wiring, equipment and completed signs
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and electronically
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a variety of environments both indoors and outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. Must be able to occasionally move objects in excess of 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities include: clarity of vision at 20 inches or less; and ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
YESCO - 18 months ago