Job Description Summary
The Director, Operations & Security is primarily responsible for the security, reliability, and performance of the systems and networks utilized by the College. The Director, Operations & Security provides leadership and supervision to the Network Services, Database Administration, and Systems staff tasked with the design, deployment, management, and maintenance of the enterprise-wide services and the infrastructure required to provide those services in a cost-effective manner. The Director ensures that enterprise IT services and infrastructure support the College’s near-term requirements and are aligned with the long-term strategy; monitors and reports on the delivery, availability, scalability, and security of the services to ensure that service levels are being met; creates and maintains a roadmap to provide the College with redundant, reliable, secure, and highly-available technology infrastructure within budgetary limits; and manages vendor relationships and negotiates and manages contracts to ensure that requirements are met. In addition, in conjunction with the CIO , senior management, IT personnel, and outside resources, the Director, Operations & Security will design and develop effective disaster recovery, business continuity, and security plans.
- Provide leadership and supervision to teams of technology professionals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Develop and maintain Service Catalog and Service Level Agreements
- Monitor service and infrastructure performance against service level agreements
- Develop and maintain IT service and infrastructure roadmap
- Develop and maintain metrics to gauge the effectiveness of services, personnel, and infrastructure
- In conjunction with appropriate College personnel, develop and maintain plans with regard to IT infrastructure and services such as IT Security, Disaster Recover/Business Continuity, Data Integrity, and Crisis Management
- Lead the Architectural Review Committee ( ARC ) to develop and maintain IT policies and ensure alignment of new technologies, systems, and services
- Work with ITSD colleagues to evaluate and plan for changing technology requirements
- Work with internal and external partners to create cost effective, innovative opportunities for technology advancement
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate and manage contracts to ensure that requirements are met
- Stay current on emerging technologies and higher-education trends; develop plans for cost-effective integration of these technologies in support of the College’s strategy
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Lead Database Administrator
eLearning Platform Manager
Application & Database Administrator
B.S. Degree in Computer Science with at least 15 years of technology experience with minimum 5 years in a management role.
Master’s degree/ MBA preferred.
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
- Proven IT management experience, preferably at a Director level, leading highly technical teams
- Demonstrated management experience with the ability to determine and deploy resources to achieve goals on time and in the most efficient and cost-effective manner
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT security concepts and best practices
- In-depth understanding of applicable compliance and information security issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity planning and best practices
- Fluency in leading technologies
- Ability to manage to budget
- Excellent strategic, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Babson College - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -