The role of a Systems Administrator Specialist is to install new software releases and system upgrades, to evaluate and install patches, and to resolve software related problems. Perform system backups and recovery. Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
The Systems Administrator Specialist will have primary responsibility for supporting the Aerospace Data Facility-Colorado (ADF-C) and surrounding Denver-area sites. The candidate will work closely with both on-site and remote users to coordinate site visits and upgrades, provide on-site and remote resolution support for trouble calls, and provide TIER 2/3 support of production systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and qualifications, identifying both essential and marginal duties:
Excellent customer relations skills are a must. Candidate must be willing to travel locally. Active TS/SCI clearance with current single scope background investigation (SSBI) required.
- Tier 2 & 3 Server Administration
- Resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues, and addressing trouble tickets and service tasks
- Assist with achieving optimum performance and availability standards through implementing appropriate technical solutions
- Assist in the management of group shares and home directories
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of all data center equipment
- Build server hardware and deploy Windows and Linux servers
- Schedule and conduct PM on Windows, Solaris and RHEL systems
- Manage group shares and home directories
- Configure web/database/mail/ftp servers, firewalls, VPN, etc.
- Manage DNS records, SSL Certificates, crontab entries, Linux/Windows user accounts
- Troubleshoot alerts generated by a server monitoring system
- Maintain servers for standard Internet services such as DNS, NFS, DHCP, Samba, printing and FTP service
- Communicate/coordinate scheduled PM windows with potentially impacted customers
- Maintain and manage multiple linked databases to include security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and development and implementation of bulk data import/export procedures
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other procedures
- Participate in the troubleshooting of system issues internally and coordinate efforts with third party providers and other operational support entities
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
- Schedule activities and/or meetings
- Interpret and discuss information which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many.
- Regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving complex issues.
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Responsible for training, instruction, and possibly evaluating performance.
- Functional as a team member, lead, or to be self-managed.
- Reports to ADF-C Site Manager.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Travel of 0-25% is expected to Greater Denver area sites.
Bachelor's Degree and 6-8 years of relevant work experience or equivalent relevant work experience required. Candidate should be familiar with the Customer’s processes and procedures and have knowledge of the Customer’s production systems. Prefer the candidate have some experience in the imagery intelligence domain. Candidate must have UNIX and Windows system administration training with a minimum of 6-8 years experience in a related technical field. Prefer skills in one or more of the following: Window server2008, Red Hat, IRIX, Solaris, Sybase, Informix, SQL, and Imagery Production Chain.
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...