Senior Oracle Database Administrator
iPass changes the economics of enterprise mobility and revolutionizes the connectivity experience. At iPass we strive to be the voice of the enterprise in the mobility space by providing services that simply, smartly and openly facilitate access from any device on any network while providing the visibility and control necessary to support the demands of the enterprise customer. Founded in 1996, iPass products and services transparently facilitate every connection, regardless on underlying network or device; provide the enterprise with carrier independence and reduce lock-in costs; and give the enterprise new level of choice and control to drive down costs and maintain security in a world where consumers drive enterprise IT. With 3,500 enterprise customers worldwide, including more than 370 of Forbes Global 2000, iPass is a leading provider of enterprise mobility services. Headquartered in Redwood Shores, Calif., iPass (NASDAQ: IPAS) is a publicly traded company.
A member of the DBA team responsible for the implementation, operation, administration and maintenance of the database infrastructure required to support the iPass service. The service infrastructure consists of multiple, geographically distributed systems running primarily in a mixed Oracle/MySQL-UNIX/Windows environment. It is essential the candidate have a firm grasp of sound deployment methods required to ensure adequate security, availability, redundancy and performance in a 24x7x365 operations environment. The candidate will be a member of a core team sharing on-call rotation duties and also providing support to other internal organizations within iPass.
The candidate must have experience in setting up and maintaining Oracle in a Unix environment, handling emergency situations, creation of users, roles and database security implementations and have intimate knowledge of backup and recovery and disaster recovery scenarios.
Detailed Experience/Skills Required:
- Requires BSCS or equivalent
- 5 to 7 years of Oracle 11g/10g Database Administration, at least 5 years on production databases.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in implementing and support of the Oracle e-Business Suite R12. Responsibilities include installation and configuration of Oracle EBS R12 with Oracle Database and 11.x cluster ware, OBIEE, SSO, ODI, Grid Control
- Proficiency on database backup and recovery using RMAN
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard high available architecture and creating a standby database using Data Guard.
- Experience on both Unix and Windows platform
- Experience on performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience on Unix shell scripting and Window shell scripting
- MySQL Database Administration a plus
- High aptitude and a willingness and a desire to learn
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a strong team player and have a good work ethic
- Managing a 7x24 production support environment, on-call support
- Must support Development and Lab environment