The surgical billing specialists provide a variety of analytical, clinical, coordination, and technical duties for Perioperative Services. The surgical billing specialists are responsible for accurately charging patients in Perioperative Services. Interdepartmental and intradepartmental communication skills are essential.
1. Verifies schedule for charge reconciliation.
2. Verifies documentation and assigns correct level charge to each procedure using clinical knowledge and experience.
3. Reconciles charges using various reports, personal experience, and knowledge of cases.
4. Reviews and verifies vendor contracts.
5. Provide education to staff.
6. Performs other related responsibilities as requested or required.
7. Demonstrates Service Excellence.
High School plus 2 years or more of formal training/education.
Completion of approved Surgical Technology or Nursingprogram,applicable business training preferred
3 to 5 years of Operating room clinical experience required, previous business office or billing experience preferred
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
Vidant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA Applications for Vidant Health and its subsidiary corporate entities are accepted and employees are chosen for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.
Vidant Medical Center - 20 months ago
As a regional healthcare system in eastern North Carolina, Vidant Medical Center works hard every day to improve the health of the 1.4...