Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefits package.
We are looking for a Patient Account Representative to work in the patient accounting area of Patient Financial Services.
- Follows up on accounts which are identified through work lists, ad hoc reports, and system generated reports.
- Inputs all information gathered into the computer system and provides any information or documentation needed to process a claim.
- Complies with Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 3-5 years general clerical experience in the credit field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer software.
- Strong communication and customer service skills are necessary.
- Must be able to handle stress with frequent interruptions.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 19 months ago