This position is primarily responsible to lead the mechanical, electrical and plumbing design review process and tracking of construction documents through all phases of development. This position is responsible for the quality control and timeliness of our Mechanical design plans, as well as helping to control changes and costs on projects. Position is responsible to understand and implement our MEP criteria standards by holding Engineering firms accountable for errors and omissions and through the facilitation of the red-line process by understanding intended scope and budgets as determined by the CRC
- Responsible for the successful development of high quality MEP documents , lead and facilitate the mechanical design portion of the redline meetings, and follow up Bid Set review for New, Remodel, Expansion and Special projects. Control schedule and timing, with an emphasis on consistency and accuracy throughout the MEP process. Direct Engineering and Mechanical design firms, Directors of Construction, and other key team members on dates related to when comments are due, meetings are held, and 100% participation required to meet or beat scheduled deliverables to meet completed capital plan completion dates.
- Coordinate and manage MEP activities for the due diligence walkthroughs in all Remodel and Acquisition projects . Collect, analyze and publish due dillligence walkthrough meeting notes related to MEP work as well as a marked up plan of requested scope changes and fixture plan updates. Communicate updates back to Store Planning for inclusion on final fixture plan, and notify departments involved in walk through of items discussed, but not included in final scope. Upon finalization of scope at budget meeting, re-release notes with scope items identified as approved or otherwise. Coordinate with the Architectural Specialists required building systems walk-thrus related to potential acquisitions.
- Responsible to ensure that any Mechanical plan inconsistencies in active construction projects are reviewed and resolved in a timely manner . Work closely with the Construction Project Managers to Review CCA’s (construction change orders) on all projects and provide direction to architects and engineers as necessary. Propose any “across the board” changes to the Sr Mgr. A & E for distribution to all A/E teams for immediate inclusion in drawing packages.
- Review proposed project changes in relation to the status of Engineering documents prior to releasing any changes to Engineering firms and In-house engineering team. Work with Sr. Mgr A & E, Store Planning Managers and Construction Project Managers to ensure changes are incorporated into only approved locations, that have been vetted through the change control process
- Maintain AUSA Criteria Standard Drawing sets. Ensure that Engineers have access to AUSA document websites. Work with Senior Manager of Architectural Engineering to understand the extent of any Criteria drawing or specification changes and communicate these changes to the appropriate A/E teams prior to the release of the prototype bulletin.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering
2 – 4 years applicable experience
Ability to read/interpret plans
Education (Highest Level)
American Sales Company - 2 years ago
NASCO, North American Sales Company was founded in 1991 by its current president Donald J Goldberg. With over 20 years experience in...