The Financial Coordinator provides pre- and post-award support for grants managed by the Environmental Change Initiative (ECI). The incumbent will assist the ECI Manager of Finance and Administration with the submission of funding proposals and the management of related travel, personnel, finances and events.
ECI's primary purpose is the efficient and flexible support of interdisciplinary environmental research. The unit submits over 25 proposals annually and manages $2M in externally-funded annual expenditures, much of which includes travel to and research in remote locations around the globe. The ideal candidate will be flexible, service-oriented, and resourceful in supporting activities of about 30 individuals, including faculty, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
Special Physical Requirements
- Associate's degree and two years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good accounting/budget/financial skills
- Demonstrated computer skills using, Microsoft Office, email
- Strong communication skills required.
Job Group Code
C - Secretarial / Office / Clerical
Open Until Filled/Closed
Application Period Begin
Required Background Checks for Selected Candidate
Job Classification Actual:
Job Classification Standard:
Brown University - 13 months ago
Ivy isn't always green -- particularly when it's Brown. Founded in 1764, Brown University is both an Ivy League college and one of...