Cerner is the leading U.S. supplier of healthcare information technology solutions that optimize clinical and financial outcomes. Around the world, health organizations ranging from single-doctor practices to entire countries turn to Cerner (NASDAQ: CERN) for our powerful yet intuitive solutions. Cerner offers clients a dedicated focus on healthcare, an end-to-end solution and service portfolio, and proven market leadership.
The RevWorks Education Consultant is responsible for developing revenue cycle competency across Cerner and preparing and growing new workforces within RevWorks and Cerner. This individual will help in training, developing, and managing strategic, revenue cycle education initiatives for Cerner associates and clients. This person will spend a significant amount of time facilitating targeted revenue cycle courses designed to strengthen Cerner leadership. This individual is a deep, revenue cycle subject matter expert who will provide thought leadership and strategic guidance on revenue cycle education efforts.
- Facilitates targeted revenue cycle courses and/or workshops for Cerner leaders
- Contributes ideas and industry perspective to the design, development and deployment of revenue cycle education projects
- Manages revenue cycle education projects as necessary
- Develops strong working relationships with project stakeholders
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of Cerner solutions and services
- Performs other responsibilities as needed
- Works in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures. Understands their personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets. Takes appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of role
- Follows Cerner policies, upholds professional standards and performs all work in a manner respectful of others
- Bachelor's degree (or the equivalent); or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Industry best-practices and financial measures
- Understanding of Revenue Cycle solutions and workflow
- Understanding of healthcare billing, preferably within different venues (i.e. acute, ambulatory, long term care, etc)
- Experience facilitating training courses in a classroom setting
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and move initiatives forward
- Able to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Solutions, especially analytical tools (i.e. spreadsheets, database tools, etc.) and PowerPoint for large group presentations
- Ability to work overtime and irregular hours when needed
- Five to ten years of revenue cycle experience in a healthcare environment
- Minimum of three years experience as a revenue cycle leader or equivalent revenue cycle management position
- Master’s degree and/or certification in related field preferred
- Familiarity with and interest in the learning process and/or training experience
Cerner Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cerner - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Health care is too important to stay the same!
We invite you to join us in our quest to make health care become all it should be. Since...