Oracle Solutions Architect- OTC
Job ID #: 20498
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 10+ Years
Relocation Provided : Yes
Position Overview: Oracle Solutions Architect (OTC)
Expedia is in the process of implementing our financial systems transformation project which includes the implementation of Oracle E- Business Suite (EBS) R12 core modules: Order Management, Channel Revenue Management, Receivables, Purchasing, Payables, Fixed Assets and General Ledger. Desired skills for the ideal candidate include a deep functional knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite Order to Cash business processes (Order Management, Accounts Receivable and Advanced Collections) Oracle Application schema and SQL.
The primary function of this role is to serve as a chief advisor to our business partners on behalf of Expedia Technology Services (ETS) Financial Systems Team in the Order to Cash process stream (Order Management, Receivables & Advanced Collections). The work requires broad and deep expertise in Oracle EBS application technology, current business processes, leading practices and application integration to direct the implementation of our new Oracle EBS platform. The individual must possess strong leadership capabilities, communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and have a desire to provide outstanding service to all internal and external stakeholders.
The Corp IT team delivers integrated software and hardware solutions allowing all of Expedia’s employees and partners to perform their roles every day and run the company. You would be a critical part of a growing team using the latest technology to improve our employee and partner experience across web and mobile platforms, empowering thousands of employees and partners to work and deliver every day. We are passionate and relentless in our drive to provide great tools for collaboration and a robust back office suite of mission critical applications.
In this role the Solutions Architect will:
Work Experience and Education Guidelines :
- Act as the primary consultant for the Order to Cash process stream, serving as a bridge between our business stakeholders and technology delivery teams.
- Provide direction and functional oversight for the Order to Cash process stream across multiple project streams to ensure an optimal global design.
- Support corporate financial system initiatives providing technology solutions that will meet or exceed current requirement and scale to accommodate future change and growth.
- Participate as advisor in architecting and design of future enterprise solutions.
- Develop and execute enterprise wide standards for project implementation methodology and strategic initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to deploy leading technologies and practices in our business solutions.
- Drive new architectural requirements for impacted neighbor systems in collaboration with neighbor system architects
- Establish and sustain a technical roadmap to support a cost effective, repeatable, and rapid deployment framework.
- Evangelize the capabilities of Oracle EBS and build consensus for leveraging those capabilities across our business.
Core Competencies :
- 10 + years of experience implementing and/or supporting Oracle Financials (recent R12 experience required) in a complex, multinational, multi GAAP environment.
- 7+ full life-cycle Oracle implementations (required).
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, information systems, or related area required.
- Advanced degree and/or CPA certification preferred.
About Expedia, Inc.
- Possess global implementation expertise in implementations and solution architecture in a global environment.
- Strong understanding of business architecture methodologies and process modeling in a large organization across multiple functional units
- Extensive background in implementing and optimizing Oracle EBS Financial suite.
- Deep knowledge of the Oracle EBS R12 application architecture including integrations and executions, technology and toolsets
- Experience in application globalization.
- Must possess ability to understand highly complex and custom developed systems.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to balance tactical objectives of speed, simplicity and agility with broader scope and long range strategic objectives.
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization.
- Flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment and customer focused.
Expedia, Inc. is the largest online travel company in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world's leading online travel brands, including:
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market travel consumers through Expedia Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world's leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia® Affiliate Network. (NASDAQ: EXPE - News) For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc. Stay up to date on our latest career opportunities by following @Expedia_Jobs *LI-SF
- Expedia.com®, the world's largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 30 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
- Leading discount travel site Hotwire®, which offers opaque deals in nine countries on its eight sites in North America and Europe
- Egencia®, the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company
- China's second largest booking site eLong™
- Leading agency hotel company Venere.com™
- Destination services and activities provider Expedia Local Expert®
- Luxury travel specialist Classic Vacations®
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...