We are looking for someone to take our mission-critical cloud infrastructure management system to the next level. This system will manage our mobile payments infrastructure cluster – it will orchestrate the provisioning, load balancing, dynamic configuration/re-configuration, monitoring and spend optimization of 50+ servers across data centers, availability zones and myriad other variables we haven't even thought of yet.
- Take personal responsibility for the availability and reliability of our service.
- Save the company a lot of money on infrastructure costs
- Author tools that reliably manage infrastructure. We're looking for someone to write clean, re-usable code. Elegant OO code that’s simple.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) .
- Support our existing production cluster management system while you improve it. Our current system is put together in PHP/MySQL and leverages Amazon EC2, Node.js and a bunch other stuff.
- Own our server image configurations, collaborating with engineers to optimize for task performance, reliability, failover and scale.
- 4+ years of system administration with at least 4+ years of RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu or Debian Linux experience
- Broad experience in areas including networking, security, database, HA, and cloud systems
- Experience working on critical, highly available production systems
- Experience with mass systems deployments using puppet or other automated tools
- Experience in developing scripting and automation
- Take pleasure in solving complex technical problems, and learning new technologies
- Have experience working with cross-functional teams to develop enterprise solutions
- Approach problem solving with the goal of finding the root cause and documenting the solution
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Experience in online, ecommerce, or web/cloud solutions companies strongly preferred
- You’ve written software tools to manage 50+ servers.
- You are conversant in the pros and cons of different clouds: EC2, slicehost, rackspace, etc.
- You've investigated with other projects trying to do similar things (rightscale, cloudcake, opscode).
- You’ve made a substantial contribution to a widely used open source project.
- You read up on and experiment with new technologies because it’s in your nature, not because it’s a job requirement.
- You don’t just learn how things work, you learn why.
- Formal training in computer science (bachelors, masters, whatever)
We will provide a competitive salary, benefits, and a performance-driven sales commission and/or profit sharing. We will also award significant equity in the Company in the form of stock options. We provide generous vacation and personal time off benefits, as well as a comfortable workplace environment.
Indeed - 24 months ago