The Staff Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for meeting patient’s priority needs by assessing, participating in interdisciplinary care planning, providing and /or delegating care and evaluating patients’ responses and progress toward clinical outcomes. The Staff RN contributes to an efficient and effective work environment through activities including professional communication and documentation, preceptoring and/or resourcing of others.
The Staff RN supervises Licensed Practical Nurses and/or other support staff in the delivery of patient care as described in Nebraska Statute 38.
1. *Initiates assessment and reassessment based on the patient’s presenting problems/needs in accordance with BryanLGH Medical Center’s procedures.
2. *Synthesizes pertinent initial and ongoing patient data to identify nursing priorities for care and desired outcomes/goals.
3. *Integrates appropriate standards of care into the patient’s plan of care based on the diagnosis and age-specific needs.
4. *Executes therapeutic and/or supportive interventions.
5. *Provides education for the patient and family to meet identified patient needs according to their needs, abilities, preferences and readiness to learn.
6. *Evaluates the patient’s response to and effectiveness of interventions.
7. *Evaluates patient’s progress toward established outcomes.
8. *Incorporates cultural considerations into the plan/delivery of care.
9. *Includes family or significant others in the care of the patient as appropriate.
10. *Documents patient care and related information according to BryanLGH Medical Center procedures for documentation.
11. *Provides care in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
12. *Facilitates patient’s transition to the next level of care.
13. Assumes responsibility in a shared or delegated assignment and supports team member’s practices through timely communication.
14. Serves as a role model to colleagues, students and other care providers.
15. *Actively participates in continued learning opportunities and continued self-development pertinent to the work unit and duties of the job.
Current Registered Nurse licensure from the State of Nebraska or approved compact state of residence as defined by the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act. Must provide evidence of certification and/or instruction for practice area as required by State or Federal standards/regulations. Basic Life Support (CPR) is required.
BryanLGH Medical Center - 2 years ago