ÜberConference is l ooking for a Telephony / Network engineer who loves troubleshooting complex issues involving multiple protocols, languages and processes. Must have super sharp analytical skills and an ability to learn on the fly. Logical reasoning is key in this role.
Implementation, maintenance and operation of a large, complex real time communications network. Network is primarily composed of general computing devices configured for specific tasks using a combination of off the shelf, open source and proprietary technologies. Identify and deploy proactive monitoring and alerting systems which constantly measure the health of the network. 5 nines is the mission.
Nice to have
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with linux, preferably Debian based
- Familiarity with VoIP protocols such as SIP, RTP, SRTP
- General networking knowledge and experience with running system built on IP
- Experience with iptables / firewall
- Ability to write ad hoc queries for troubleshooting and reporting in SQL
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Ruby, PHP, shell or Phyton
- Experience administering linux box
- History working with log analysis
- Knowledge of use of bsic network tracing tools (pcap based)
- Ability to diagram networks and call flows
The person who will be successful in this role is one with an unquenchable thirst to understand why a particular system event took place and can determine the details based on after the fact analysis of key log files, traces and other digital forensics.
- Open source VoIP platforms
- Neural networks
- Signal processing
- Virtual Machines
- Complete medica/dental/vision benefits
- iPad for all new employees
- Friday weekly Socials and Company Game Room
- Cell Phone, Internet and Gym reimbursemen
- Free Drinks and Snacks
- Choose your setup (monitor, laptop etc)