The psychiatric social worker is a member of an interdisciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis formulation, treatment planning, treatment intervention & psycho-education to members and/or family members. Must be familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the appropriate and timely clinical treatment intervention needed. The psychiatric social worker may work with specific age group as is determined by training and certificate. Must be familiar with and have expertise in a variety of treatment modalities. A major time of the position will be spent in direct patient care.
- Competencies: Timely & appropriate assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning & treatment intervention of members.
- Appropriate selection of treatment modality to member's presenting problem.
- Is an effective communicator of clinical material to member & clinical staff.
- Provides high internal & external customer/patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment methodologies.
- Provides appropriate & timely documentation of clinical encounters in member's charts.
- Is knowledgeable of KP & community resources.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care & license
- Maintains license.
- Conduct initial interview w/ Members by eliciting & interpreting the psychological & social meaning of complaints.
- Determines urgency of member's need.
- Provides a professional interpretation of member's presentation & recommends a course of therapeutic action, selects appropriate treatment modality.
- Provides treatment to adults, adolescents, & children.
- Renders appropriate & immediate guidance & therapy for members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports & letters; phones, writes & visits (with member permission) social agencies, schools, relatives, and friends to obtain pertinent information.
- Provides clinical consultation in an integrated health care environment regarding family interactions, socio-cultural determinants & community resources
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information & referrals.
- Proficient in identifying & treating the span of developmental stages.
- Proficient in various treatment modalities including, but not limited to individual, group, family, & child therapy.
- Complies w/ organizational, departmental, state/federal guidelines & all regulatory agency policies & procedures.
- Participates in QM & CQI activities.
- Two (2) years of post-graduate experience in a behavioral health setting required.
- Master's degree in a social work or Behavioral Health required.
- Valid and current California Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) license or Marriage and Family Therpahy (LMFT) license required.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) nomenclature required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Strong CBT & DBT skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with physicians, therapists, nurses & clerical staff.
- Computer skills needed.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Four (4) hours after 5:00 pm per week may be required.
- May be required to cover ER after hours and on weekends at the Fontana and Ontario Medical Centers.
- Skills required to treat adults, children, & families individually & in a group.
- This position may be asked to do any of the duties of a Psychiatric Social Worker but at this time will be functioning in the chronic care coordination and intake specialists roles.
Scheduled Hours (1-40) 40
Working Days Mon,Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri
Working Hours Start 9:30 AM
Working Hours End 6:00 PM
Job Type Standard
Employee Status Regular
Employee Group NUHW
Job Level Individual Contributor
Job Behavioral / Mental Health
Job Eligible for Benefits Yes
AllHealthCareJobs - 13 months ago
Can a single organization change the future of health care? At Kaiser Permanente, we think so. America's leading nonprofit integrated health...