Seeking a Tivoli/Netcool Specialist
ISS Technology is a provider of technical services, including staffing and consulting. We have a current project that we feel will be a great fit for you.
We are seeking an experienced Tivoli/Netcool Specialist. This resource need has an anticipated duration of 1 year, with the possibility of extension. The location for this resource need is Remote/Telecommute.
We are seeking an experience Tivoli Netcool Specialist. The ideal candidate will have over 7 years of Netcool experience. We are seeking those with event management experience, using infrastructure and alerting using Netcool and Omnibus.
This role concentrates on the deployment and ongoing support of an Event Management Infrastructure
using published IBM Global standards. Customer Event Management requirements should be solved using
the Global System Management Architecture (GSMA) standards whenever possible and new solutions should
be developed to exist with that architecture. This role requires the ability to work with event source application
owners to identify the options available to communicate with the NetCool Event Management Infrastructure.
It requires basic networking knowledge to ensure the event can reach the destination NetCool Infrastructure. The
role requires familiarity of the GSMA ObjectServer data model and the ability to parse important information
from the source event that will populate the NetCool database. The role requires the understanding of normal
event flow through the GSMA logic and be able to analyze and troubleshoot unexpected event actions. Best
practices in this role use various techniques including modeling, simulation, and testing to validate the designs
and event processing. Infrastructure Specialists are
responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure.
- At least 2 years experience in Global System Managment Architecture (GSMA) methodology.
- At least 2 years experience with the core NetCool Applications (Omnibus/Impact/TIP). Configuration and
- troubleshooting of these applications.
- At least 2 years experience with probe rule design/development.
- Basic knowledge of wide variety of customer applications that could send events into the infrastructure.
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
- At least 5 years experience in Global System Managment Architecture (GSMA) methodology.
- At least 5 years experience with the core NetCool Applications (Omnibus/Impact/TIP).
- Configuration and troubleshooting of these applications.
- At least 3 years experience in Tivoli Enterprise Console (TEC). .
- At least 3 years experience in unix, linux, light shell scripting, network configurations, and sql commands.
- Basic knowledge of SNMP;EIF;firewalls and network routing.
- Basic knowledge in ITCS104 and IBM-MSD security policy.
-Management of remote probes in customer premis if the infrastructure dictates.
-Use of the GSMA global community to search for existing solutions using the GSMA architecture before developing.
-Interpretation and enforcement of ITCS104 and IBM-MSD security policy. (IBM security policy)
-Ownership of CIRATs compliance issues, IES security certifications, SAS70 audits with a focus on network
infrastructure, HIPPA and FDA security compliance.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your Word.Doc resume, contact information, and availability. One of our experienced staffing specialists will reach out to you for more details and potential consideration for this role. We have a direct relationship with the hiring team as well.
We look forward to placing you with our client.
Innovative Staffing Solutions - 19 months ago
The most important asset a company has is its people. At ISS we spend 100% of our time recruiting and payrolling. We have built state of...