Because you have a passion for people, you'll love working at Publix! We're in the business of pleasing people and our associates are so engaged with our customers that Publix is the industry leader in customer satisfaction. Their engaging personalities are also one reason that, for 15 consecutive years, Publix has been honored as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Bring YOUR passion for people to the Resident Chef position in the Apron’s Cooking School in Jacksonville, FL
You'll have the chance to share your smile with a lot of people!
INTRODUCING THIS OPPORTUNITY
A Resident Chef's primary responsibility is to manage the in-store operation of the Apron's Cooking School, Simple Meals and Event Planning. This includes scheduling and teaching various cooking classes and being responsible for performance results, operations, and customer satisfaction.
In addition to the shared basic responsibilities of all Publix associates, a Resident Chef's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. A Resident Chef
oversees the operation of equipment and cutting tools
- performs Cooking School daily routine inspection and oversees the general appearance of the Cooki ng School
- works with the Store Manager and Meals RBU to set goals for the Cooking School and Event Planning, review results and improve operations
- oversees ordering, quality of inventory and product, and merchandising and cross-merchandising for local and seasonal demands for Cooking School, Simple Meals, and Event Planning; coordinates ordering with department managers
- manages and maintains local Cooking School class calendar, including the development of class curriculum and recipes, creation of class documentation and determination of class cancellation
- coordinates class scheduling with Meals Retail Business Unit
- teaches Cooking School classes and recruits local guest chefs to teach cooking classes
- schedules and participates in business calls and other outside activities and community events required to promote Cooking School, Simple Meals and Event Planning, including promoting private classes as well as recruiting new students
- supervises, evaluates, schedules and trains Apron's associates (including Cooking Schools, Simple Meals, and Event Planning); participates in hiring and disciplinary actions when applicable
- serves as the celebrity chef/guest chef contact and media liaison and coordinates guest visits
- supports media engagements by making appearances on local television segments
- completes weekly bookkeeping duties, including profit and loss statement
- reinforces sanitation, security and safety guidelines
- reinforces Publix's high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- maintains good public relations and follows up on customer and associate issues
- assists customers regarding recipe and food related questions, through phone calls, e-mails and face-to-face conversations
- delivers premier customer service and displays an enthusiasm for food and cooking and
- assists in other duties as assigned.
A Resident Chef's duties are primarily performed in the Cooking School and involve accepting responsibility for leading others. Work includes walking, standing for an extended period of time, lifting, moving and carrying product, eye/hand coordination, repetitive arm and hand movements, using sharp knives and cooking equipment, and interacting with store/ department management, other associates and customers. It also includes frequent interaction with other culinary professionals in the community.
Minimum Qualifications:The qualifications for th e position of Resident Chef are :
Other Qualifications:Other qualifications for this position include:
- must be at least 21 years of age
- must have a valid driver’s license and
- at least 1040 hours as a full-time Publix Aprons Sous Chef or must be must be a culinary graduate with a certificate of completion from an American Culinary Federation sponsored apprentice program or must have equivalent culinary knowledge through work experience.
- at least five years experience in a culinary field
- experience teaching culinary classes
- having published recipes and/or cookbooks
- ability to read, write and do simple math problems, and understand profit and loss statements
- ability to define problems, plan work, use logic, and draw conclusions
- effective communication and interpersonal skills
- basic computer skills and
- a willingness to travel (by car or air) with potential overnight stays.
To be eligible for hire at Publix, applicants must
Note: There may be additional requirements in certain locations depending on local laws and regulations. See the Store Manager for more information.
- not have received an unacceptable result on a company-sponsored drug test within the last year
- have met the Criminal Background Check (CBC) requirements within the last year and
- meet the rehire eligibility criteria, if previously employed at Publix.
$730- $900 per week for this FT position
Publix at San Jose
10500 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32257
To apply for this position, you should complete the process at this site: http://bit.ly/JAXResChef . The hiring managers will review your skills and experience and if your skills, experience and availability appear to be a good match for this position, you will be contacted for an interview.
If you are not contacted, know that we appreciate your interest in our company and hope you will consider us for another opportunity in the future.
Come join a company that offers benefits to help you grow financially. Publix offers the following to all eligible associates:
Publix is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- Quarterly Retail Profit-sharing Bonus
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability pay
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Paycheck direct deposit option
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
For more information about our company, go to www.publix.com .
Monster - 18 months ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...